How to Be Happy After a Divorce
No matter how long you have been married, a divorce might be in your life. You are not happy about it and never expected it. However, no matter how you feel, you can survive, and will, if you keep a positive attitude, as you go ahead alone.
- Realize you are not to blame for the outcome of the marriage. There are two people involved and it takes both to make a happy life.
- Make happiness your primary concern no matter who is to blame. You are not the first person to be divorced and will not be the last.
- Look for your goal in life, find out how to get it. Go forward and do the things you have always wanted to do.
- Join an active Support Group if you think you need it.
- Understand that you are a person in your own right, and that by learning, and reading, you can make your own decisions.
- Look forward to the future. Do not think that you have to be married, to be happy. Remember, you now are ready to do whatever it is in life that you want to. You are no longer on a time schedule to meet your partners needs, and you do not have to ask anyone permission to do anything. Best of all, you do not have loads of dirty wash.
- Accept that you are divorced!. Join groups if that's what you want to do. Read a book on the park bench, go to a movie, or just watch the soaps on TV.
Share this article