- Such as cleaning the body and removing bad odor. The Prophet (pbuh) stated “Man should get ready for their wives (for intercourse) like how she gets ready for him”. Imam al-Sadiq (pbuh) explained the saying “Getting ready means cleaning the body”(1).
- Cleaning of the mouth and keeping it smelling good, the Prophet (pbuh) said “Put Cyperus (Nutsedges) in your mouths as it gives a nice fragment in the mouth and helps increase sexual intercourse”(2)
- Removing extra hair for men and women that may drive the other partner away. Imam al-Sadiq (A.S) said “remove hair as it makes one more beautiful”(3).
- Giving attention to fingernails as the Prophet (pbuh) advised men “cut your fingernails” and advised women to “keep your fingernails long as they are more embellishing for you”(4).
- Combing hair as the Prophet (pbuh) stated “combing your hair keeps diseases(5) away, increases wealth, and increases sexual intercourse” (6)
1. Mustdrak Al-Wassail v14 p296
2. Al-Kafi v6 p379
3. Bihar Al-Anwar v73 p93
4. Al-Faqeeh v1 p128
5. This is translated from وباء which can also mean pests and weakness
6. Wassail Al-Shia v1 p425