Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- white rice or brown rice
- 1 onions, thinly cut
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- masala ( garlic & lemon or garlic & herb or curry powder, just about anything that has flavour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- mixed vegetables
- Prepare rice as per instructions on packet (I sometimes use the rice left over from the previous night).
- Braise onions, butter and masala until golden brown.
- Add in mixed vegetables with little water.
- Once mixed vegetables are soft, add rice and salt, simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Great with chicken, meat and fish, just change your masala for different flavours all the time.
Share this article