Veggies with Cheesy Salsa and Peanut-Butter-Ginger Dip
- Assorted vegetables for dipping such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, red and green peppers, and cherry tomatoes
Cheesy Salsa Dip
- 1 package(s) (8 ounces) light cream cheese
- 3/4cup(s) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4cup(s) medium-hot salsa
- 3/4cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/3cup(s) very hot tap water
- 1/4cup(s) honey
- 4 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated, peeled fresh ginger
- Peel and cut carrots into bite-size pieces. Cut celery and cucumbers into sticks. Cut red and green peppers into strips. Arrange vegetables in cups and bowls or on large platter. Cover vegetables with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare Cheesy Salsa Dip: In food processor with knife blade attached or in blender at low speed, blend 1 package light cream cheese and 3/4 cup rinsed and drained cannellini beans until smooth. Add medium-hot salsa; use pulsing action on food processor, or turn blender on and off, to incorporate salsa, but do not overblend; mixture should be chunky. Can be made early in day and refrigerated.
- Prepare Peanut-Butter-Ginger Dip: In medium bowl, with wire whisk, mix peanut butter, hot tap water, honey, soy sauce, and grated, peeled fresh ginger until smooth. Can be made early in day, but leave at room temperature. (Mixture will get too stiff if refrigerated.)
Share this article