Parmesan Pita Crisps
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 5 whole(s) (5 to 6 inch) whole wheat or white pitas with pockets
- 1/2cup(s) coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In cup, with fork, mix oil, cumin, and ground red pepper.
- With knife or kitchen shears, carefully split each pita in half. Brush 1 side of pita halves with oil mixture. Cut each half into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges, oiled-side up, in 2 ungreased 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and salt if you like.
- Place pans on 2 oven racks and bake crisps 12 to 15 minutes or until golden, rotating pans from upper to lower racks halfway through baking for even browning. Cool crisps in pans on wire racks. Store crisps in tightly covered container or large self-sealing plastic bag up to 1 week.
Share this article