- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium (8- to 10-ounce) green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium (6- to 8-ounce) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can(s) (14- to 14 1/2-ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) (15 1/4-ounce) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 cup(s) chopped leftover cooked turkey (or roasted chicken-breast pieces)
- 1/4cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add pepper and onion and cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add Cajun seasoning; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add tomatoes with their juice, broth, and water; cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Stir corn, turkey, and cream into broth mixture; heat through. Spoon chowder into 4 shallow soup bowls to serve.
Share this article