Vanilla Sugar Cookies
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl each time, then add vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until dough just comes together.
5. Knead a couple of times just until smooth, then pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and chill until firm enough to roll.
6. Roll and cut as desired and place on parchment-lined sheets.
7. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
Share this article