Black Pepper Butter Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
extra sugar, for dipping glass
1. Mix all ingredients (except for the extra sugar for dipping the glass) together well using a heavy duty mixer.
2. Roll into 1/2 inch size balls-you will need three large ungreased cookie sheets, 16 balls per sheet.
3. Use the flat base of a drinking glass that has been dipped into sugar to flatten each dough ball on the cookie sheets.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 F (or 180 C) oven for 8-11 minutes or until lighly browned on the edges- do not overbake.
5. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Share this article