Preparation time : 20 min. + 2 hrs. Marinating time | Serves 4-6 persons
This recipe of shish kebabs is from Mediterranean cuisine and can be served as iftar meal. In this recipe the kebabs are prepared n grill pan and then give smoky flavor with burning coal, you may also bbq these kebabs to enjoy perfect bbq flavor.
500 gm chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
1 tbsp garlic paste
½ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp yogurt
2 tbsp tahini sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
2 onion (cut into cubes and separate each layer)
2 capsicum (cut into cubes)
2 tomatoes (seeded and cut into cubes)Amazon.com Widgets
1. Marinate chicken pieces with the ingredients mentioned above and leave for 2-3 hrs.
2. After that insert chicken pieces and vegetables in skewers alternately.
3. Now grill the skewed chicken and veggies on griddle with little amount of oil until become light brown from every side. It would take 5-10 min.
4. When all the chicken have been grilled place them in a deep sauce pan, drop 1 tsp of oil onto the hot charcoal piece, then place it in the pan of skewers and cover the lid. Smoke starts to release form the coal and cover for 10-15 min until white smoke stop to release from the coal.
5. Serve the smoky shish kebabs with pita bread and hummus.
Share this article