Rooz Ma Lahem (Rice with Meat)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 lb ground beef or 1/2 lb ground lamb or 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- seasoning, are to taste
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (more if desired) or 1 tablespoon salt ( more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers ( for color) (optional)
- Set cooked rice aside.
- In a pot combine onions,chopped garlic,seasonings and ground meat and brown, try to keep the meat from forming large clumps, you want it taco meat in consistency, so keep stirring often.
- Once its almost brown add drained can of chick peas and let meat brown.
- When meat is browned drain any remaining fat from pan and add rice and stir until well blended.
- Enjoy-- (variation to it can be to substitute chick peas for mixed can of mixed veggies).
Share this article