Chilled Tuscan-Style Tomato Soup
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 cup(s) (1-inch cubes) country-style bread
- 3 pound(s) ripe tomatoes, each cut into quarters
- .25 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Additional basil leaves, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- In small skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring. Remove skillet from heat.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse bread until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes and garlic; pulse until soup is almost pureed. Pour soup into bowl; stir in chopped basil, sugar, and salt. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish each serving with basil leaves. Makes about 6 cups.
Share this article