Parenting in a Home
D – Discipline
· Discipline is to teach a child to be responsible for his actions whilst punishment is to control a child.
· Discipline by example.
· The ‘Iron Rod’ method leads to rebelliousness.
A – Acceptance
· Accept the child even if you do not approve of what they do. The only door they can knock at is yours.....Disapproval need not mean rejection.
W – Wanted
· Show physical affection.
N – Needed
· Give child a sense that they are needed in the house, to help with chores, make decisions etc · Start slowly with little things and then build up responsibility
· Encourage and reward, but do not judge the outcome.
Adapted from the book: "Nikah & Beyond" by: "qfatima.com"
Share this article