Healthy Makeover Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 2 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 3/4cup(s) (from 1 1/2 slices bread) fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, in oil, cook celery and onion on medium 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to large bowl; cool slightly.
- To bowl with vegetables, add turkey, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, egg whites, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper; mix with hands until well combined but not overmixed. In cup, mix Dijon and remaining 1/4 cup ketchup.
- In 13" by 9" metal baking pan, shape meat mixture into 9" by 5" loaf. Spread ketchup mixture over top of loaf.
- Bake meatloaf 55 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 160 degrees F. (Temperature will rise to 165 degrees F upon standing.)
- Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before removing from pan to set juices for easier slicing. Transfer meatloaf to platter and cut into slices to serve.
Share this article