- 1 pound(s) lean (90%) ground beef
- 4 ounce(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried mint
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- .5 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- .25 English (seedless) cucumber, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with garlic press
- 1 container(s) (8 ounces) plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, feta, cumin, and mint just until blended; shape into four 4-inch round patties. Sprinkle patties with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add patties and cook 8 to 10 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning patties over once.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce: In small bowl, combine green onions, cucumber, garlic, yogurt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato, and some yogurt sauce. Pass remaining yogurt sauce.
Share this article