Inside-Out Burgers with Avocado and Sprouts
- 1.25 pound(s) 90% lean ground beef
- .5 cup(s) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup(s) alfalfa or radish sprouts
- .25 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 multigrain hamburger buns, split
- 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- Lightly spray ridged grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then heat on medium until hot.
- Meanwhile, on work surface, shape ground beef into eight 3 1/2-inch patties, handling meat as little as possible for best texture. Place Cheddar in center of 4 patties, leaving 1/2-inch border around each patty's edge. Top with remaining 4 patties, and press edges together to seal burgers well. Lightly sprinkle burgers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides.
- Place burgers in hot grill pan, and cook 12 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning burgers over once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mash avocado with lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another small bowl, combine alfalfa sprouts and chopped cilantro.
- Serve burgers on buns with sprout and avocado mixtures. Serve tomato wedges on the side.
Share this article