Gingered Burgers with Lime Slaw
- 1/4cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 3 1/2cup(s) shredded cabbage for coleslaw
- 1 1/4pound(s) 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 1/4teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 4 sesame-seed hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In cup, stir mayonnaise and soy sauce until blended; set aside. From limes, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, toss together lime peel and juice with cabbage and1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Lightly spray ridged grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then heat on medium until hot.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine beef, cilantro, green onions, ginger, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended, but do not overmix. Shape beef mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers, handling meat as little as possible for best texture.
- Place burgers in hot grill pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning burgers over once halfway through cooking.
- Serve burgers on buns with slaw and soy mayonnaise. Serve with any additional slaw on the side.
Share this article