Ginger, Natural Cure to Numerous Disorders
Ginger is classified as a herb which have been widely used as traditional medicine or spice in many cultures throughout the world. Ginger is often referred to as a root, but it is actually an underground stem (called rhizome).
The rhizome is branched with small "limbs". It has brown skin that is thin if harvested when young, or becomes thick when harvested when it matures. The color of the flesh varies from pale yellow to white or pink, or even red, depending on the variety.
Historically speaking, Ginger has been an inseparable part of human lives since the 1500s owing to its aroma, flavor and medicinal attributes which have been utilized to serve a wide range of purposes like lending flavor to food and curing many ailments. As a result, ginger is widely used all over the world because of the numerous reputed health benefits of ginger provided to its users.
Ginger is known to have more than twelve types of anti-oxidants, making it useful for treatment of many disorders. This herb contains essential oils, protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin C, choline, folic acid, inositol, manganese, panthotenic acid, silicon, and a small amount of vitamin B3.
Health Benefits of Eating Ginger
• Ginger has been found to be helpful in blocking the harmful effects of prostaglandin, a substance that can lead to inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain and even cause migraines.
• Ginger has been associated with alleviation of the feeling of nausea, even in case of pregnant women.
• The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger make it effective in alleviation of the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
• Ginger helps to promote warmth in the upper respiratory tract and thus, is quite effective in treating cold and flu.
• Ginger makes the platelets less sticky and is thus, pretty helpful in case of circulatory disorders.
• The cineole content in ginger has been found to be a mood enhancer and can help in relieving stress.
• Even ginger tea is said to be a great stress buster and has been found to have refreshing properties.
• Ginger is a natural and effective mouth freshener and also aids digestion.
• Ginger reduces inflammation and also helps lower cholesterol.
• Ginger is believed to have anti-cancer properties.
• Ginger has been associated with easing of menstrual cramps and mitigation of headache.
• Ginger is quite effective in treating diarrhea.
Share this article