Fat-free Chewy Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Karo syrup (light or dark)
3 egg whites (or 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp egg beaters)
1. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt (I like to sift them together to destroy any lumps in the cocoa).
3. Stir in corn syrup and egg white until blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky).
4. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (cookies will be soft when pressed).
6. Do not overbake.
7. Cool on wire rack.
Share this article