Preparation time : 30 min | Serves 18 pastries
This chicken pastry is prepared with cooked chicken and veggies mixture with little amount of seasoning, the pastries are really good in taste and are best to serve as tea time snack.
3 cup cooked chicken (shredded)
1½ cup cheddar cheese (grated)
4 oz green chilies (chopped)
½ cup spring onions (finely chopped)
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp paprika
1 package puff pastry sheets
Salsa (of any kind)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1. At first prepare filling for the pastry, for that you need to mix chicken, chilies, onions, cheese and seasonings of cumin, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
2. Keep this mixture in fridge meanwhile prepare pastry rolls.
3. Divide puff pastry sheet in two pieces and roll one of the piece to make a large rectangle of thickness ½ in.
4. Divide it into 8-10 rectangles of equal size, take a piece of this rectangle and fill with 1-2 tbsp of prepared filling. Wet the corners of rectangle with water and then start rolling form one side to other, press the end with fork to seal the roll.
5. Similarly prepare rest of the pastry rolls. Place them on a greased baking dish, brush the rolls with egg and bake for 20 min at 450 degrees F.
6. Take out the chicken pastry rolls after turning into light golden brown in color from top.
Share this article