Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 package(s) (32-ounce) chicken broth
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalk(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3 cup(s) (6 ounces) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas, thawed
- In covered 3-quart saucepan, heat broth and water over high heat.
- Meanwhile, in 5- to 6-quart sauce-pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add celery, carrots, hot broth mixture, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper; cover saucepot and heat to boiling over high heat.
- While vegetables are cooking, cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Uncover saucepot and stir in noodles; cover and cook 3 minutes. Stir in peas and chicken; cover and heat to boiling, 3 to 4 minutes. Makes about 10 1/2 cups.
Share this article