Carrot and Sultana Muffins
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup sultanas
1/4 cup reduced fat milk
1 cup white self-raising flour
3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a little oil (or place paper cases) in the muffin pan.
2. Wash the carrots and pat dry with paper towels. Grate and put in the mixing bowl.
3. Break the egg into the cup or small bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Add the egg to the carrots with the oil, honey, brown sugar, sultanas and milk.
5. Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
6. Stir in the flours and cinnamon and stir into the carrot mixture until just combined.
7. Use a metal dessert spoon to spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans.
8. Bake until risen, cooked through and golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Share this article