Jumbo Pancakes with Blackberry and Honey
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
40g reduced fat polyunsaturated margarine
50g macadamia nuts, toasted
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 egg whites 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons caster sugar
canola cooking spray
1/4 cup honey
1. Sift the flours and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add the combined egg, egg whites and buttermilk and whisk until the mixture forms a smooth batter. Cover and allow to stand while preparing the butter.
2. To make the blackberry butter, put half the blackberries and the margarine in a bowl and mix gently to combine, taking care not to puree the blackberries.
3. Heat a non stick fry pan over medium heat and coat lightly with canola spray. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl gently to distribute the pancake mixture. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the underside is golden. Turn and cook the other side until cooked through. Keep warm and cook the remaining batter.
4. Chop the nuts, put in a bowl and stir with honey to combine.
5. Serve pancake stacks topped with a generous dollop of blackberry butter and a spoonful of macadamia nut honey. Sprinkle with the remaining blackberries.
Share this article