- 1 teaspoon(s) instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot water
- 1/2cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3/4cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) trans fat–free vegetable oil spread, (60% to 70% oil)
- 2/3cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Prepare Brownie Bites: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet. In cup, stir espresso powder into hot water until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cocoa, flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, honey, vanilla, egg white, and espresso mixture until mixed. With spoon, stir oil mixture into flour mixture, then with hand, press dough just until thoroughly blended.
- With lightly greased hands, shape dough by heaping measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart; press to flatten slightly. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until brownies have cracked slightly. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prepare Frosting: In microwave-safe small bowl, heat chocolate and water in microwave oven on High 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in vegetable oil spread, then confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Cool frosting slightly. Dip top of each cookie in frosting. Set aside to allow frosting to dry. Store brownies in tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers at room temperature up to 3 days or in freezer up to 1 month.
Serving size = 1 cookie
Share this article