Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
- 1 cup(s) butter (no substitutions), softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) salted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) grape or strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13-inch by 9-inch metal baking pan. Line pan with foil; grease foil.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in peanut butter, then egg until well combined, occasionally scraping bowl. Beat in flour just until evenly moistened (dough will be crumbly). Beat in peanuts.
- Reserve 2 cups dough. Press remaining dough evenly onto bottom of pan. Spread jam over dough in pan. With hand, press reserved dough into large chunks (about 3/4-inch) and sprinkle over jam, leaving spaces between chunks; do not pat down.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, transfer with foil to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into three strips, then cut each strip crosswise into eight bars.
Share this article