* 3/4 cup Long-grain rice
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
* 2 tbsp Currant or chopped raisins
* 1 Celery, diced
* 1 clove Garlic, minced
* 1 tsp Olive oil
* 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
* 2 tbsp Snipped fresh parsley
* 1 tbsp Snipped fresh thyme or 1 t dried
In a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, sauté the rice, currant or raisins and garlic in the oil until the rice turns milky white, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Take the pan off of the heat and remove the lid. Let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; mix in the almonds, lemon peel, parsley and thyme.
Use to stuff a roast or serve as a side dish.
Share this article