Grains, especially whole grains, provide several health benefits. Grains provide essential nutrients and helps reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases.
Eating a diet high in grains, especially whole grains, as an overall healthy diet may ...
- help with weight management.
- reduce constipation.
- reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
- Grains provide many nutrients such as dietary fiber, B vitamins and minerals.
- Dietary fiber may help reduce blood cholesterol levels and lower risk of heart disease.
- B vitamins are essential for your metabolism by helping your body release energy from protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Folic acid helps the body form blood cells and is especially important for women of childbearing age who may become pregnant.
- Magnesium from whole grains helps build bones and release energy from muscles.
Share this article