What about Sunni Muslims Ahadeeth concerning Al-Mahdi (as)?
For our respected Sunni brothers, there are six authentic collections of Ahadeeth based on Sunni standards for verifying the authenticity of a narration. These six books are: Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sahih al-Tirmidhi, Sunan Ibn Majah, Sunan Abu Dawud and Sunan al-Nisaa'i. The sources in detail will be given in this book. If one adheres to these narrations, a knowledgeable Sunni Muslim cannot deny that:
1) Mahdi (as) is going to come in the last days of the Earth to establish a universal Government.
2) Al-Mahdi (as) is from the family of the Prophet Muhammad (saws).
3) Mahdi (as) is from the offspring of Fatima (as), the daughter of the Prophet (saws).
4) Mahdi (as) is different from Jesus (the Messiah), though both will re-appear at the end of time.
5) Jesus will be one of the followers of Al-Mahdi (as), and will pray behind him.
Adapted from the book: "The Awaited Saviour; Questions and Answers"
Share this article