According to the narrations, how do the Shi'ah describe Al-Mahdi (as) and his movement?
WIth reference to the authentic narrations on the characteristics of Al-Mahdi (as), we see that:
* He is a descendant of the Household of the Prophet (saws) from the lineage of Imam Husayn (as).
* He is the Twelfth Imam (religious and political leader) after the Holy Prophet (saws).
* He is the son of Imam Hassan Al-'Askari and his mother was named Nardjis (as).
* He will bear the same patronym as the Holy Prophet (saws), and he will not bear allegiance to any tyrant.
* At the time of his advent he will be found leading against the wall of the Ka'bah, and will call together his 313 supporters who will respond to his call and gather around him. He will then lead the congregational prayers.
* He will administer justice throughout the world, by establishing a universal Islamic state.
* During his own Second Coming, Jesus (as) will offer prayers behind him.
* Victims of oppression, and all the oppressed will be released from captivity.
* Wars will be over and will be released by peace and flourishing conditions.
Adapted from the book: "The Awaited Saviour; Questions and Answers"
Share this article