Veggie Bean Burgers
- 2 cup(s) Home-Cooked Beans
- 2 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise
- 1/3cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In large bowl, with potato masher or fork, mash beans with mayonnaise until almost smooth (some lumps of beans should remain). Stir in cilantro leaves, bread crumbs, ground cumin, hot pepper sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Divide bean mixture in quarters; with lightly floured hands, shape each into a 3-inch round patty. Lightly spray both sides of each patty with nonstick cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium 1 minute. Add bean patties, and cook about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides and heated through.
- Arrange lettuce and tomato slices on bottoms of buns; top with patties and bun tops.
Share this article