- 2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- .5 teaspoon(s) sugar
- .25 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper , to taste
- 1.25 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 8 slice(s) (oval) rye bread with caraway seeds
- Deli mustard
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In cup, combine coriander, paprika, ginger, sugar, ground red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper.
- Shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch-thick oval burgers. On waxed paper, pat spice mixture onto both sides of burgers.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 8 to 9 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning burgers over once. Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Serve burgers on rye bread with mustard.
Share this article