Texas Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small (5-ounce) zucchini , grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- .75 teaspoon(s) salt
- .25 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- .125 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can(s) (16-ounce ) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) light molasses
- 4 whole-grain sandwich rolls
- Lettuce leaves
- In medium bowl, with hands, mix ground chicken, green onions, zucchini, carrot, chili powder, salt, cumin, and ground red pepper until well combined.
- On waxed paper, with hands, shape ground-chicken mixture into four 3 1/2-inch round patties. Set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat beans, mustard, and molasses to boiling.
- Meanwhile, spray heavy 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, heat skillet until very hot. With pancake turner, transfer chicken patties to hot skillet. Cook 5 minutes; turn patties and cook 5 minutes more or until no longer pink inside. Arrange patties on sandwich rolls with lettuce. Serve with baked beans.
Share this article