Tuscan Smoked Turkey and Bean Soup
Note: Get a grownup's help with this recipe, which requires using the oven/stove and chopping with a knife.
Prep time: 1 hour
What you need:
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 1½ cups canned navy beans, no salt
- ½ pound smoked turkey, diced into half-inch pieces
- 3½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ cups kale, trimmed (without stems)
Equipment and supplies:
- Large stockpot
- Measuring cups/spoons
What to do:
- Saute celery, onions, and carrots until softened.
- Drain and rinse navy beans.
- Place vegetables, turkey, and beans in stockpot.
- Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce burner to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut fresh kale into small pieces and add to soup.
- Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Salt to taste.
How much does this recipe make?
Share this article