Greek Chicken Burgers
- 4 (6-inch) pita pockets
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- .5 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- .667 cup(s) loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 6 ounce(s) low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 cup(s) romaine or iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Cut off 1/3 piece of each pita and grate on fine side of grater or pulse in food processor to make 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, mix crumbs, chicken, feta, egg, 1/4 cup mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper until just combined. Shape mixture into 8 small 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
- Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine yogurt and remaining mint.
- To serve, fill each pita with lettuce, tomatoes, 2 burgers, and yogurt sauce.
Share this article