Tex-Mex Bean Burgers
- 1 cup(s) quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices
- 1 can(s) lower-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) fresh corn kernels
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 1/2teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/4teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- Cook rice as label directs; let cool.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- In food processor, pulse rice, beans, corn, garlic, coriander, chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined but still chunky. (This can be refrigerated, covered, up to 4 hours.)
- Shape mixture into 4 (1 inch thick) patties. In 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Cook burgers 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato salsa, and avocado.
Share this article