Portobello Pesto Burgers
- 4 (1/4 pound each) portobello mushrooms
- 1/4cup(s) sun-dried-tomato pesto
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 log(s) (4-ounce) fresh goat cheese, cut crosswise into 8 slices
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 1 small (6-ounce) fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2teaspoon(s) cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare Portobello Burgers: Preheat toaster oven to 425 degrees F. Place portobellos on foil-lined toaster oven tray, rounded side up. Bake 14 minutes. Flip mushrooms; spread 1 tablespoon pesto evenly on each. Bake 10 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Carrot-Fennel Slaw: In large bowl, mix carrots, fennel, basil, oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until well combined.
- Toast buns. Place 2 tomato slices on bottom of each bun. Top each with 1 portobello, 2 slices goat cheese, 2 basil leaves, and top of bun. Serve burgers with Carrot-Fennel Slaw.
Share this article