Chicken Caesar Burgers
- 1 lemon
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- .333 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- .5 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large heart of romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1.25 pound(s) ground chicken or turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (4" by 4") squares focaccia bread (1 inch thick), each split horizontally in half and toasted
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In small bowl, stir together lemon peel and juice, anchovies, garlic, mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Set Caesar sauce aside. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Cut romaine heart lengthwise into quarters. Place romaine and any loose leaves on plate; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and remaining Parmesan just until blended. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers. Spray both sides of burgers with nonstick spray.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 12 to 14 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Burgers should reach internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
- About 5 minutes before burgers are done, add romaine to grill rack. Grill about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally and transferring romaine to platter as they are done.
- Serve burgers on focaccia with romaine and Caesar sauce.
Share this article