Summery Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 2 large yellow peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 stalk(s) (medium) celery
- 1/2 cup(s) seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup(s) lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts
- 8 cup(s) mixed salad greens
- 3 whole-wheat pita breads, toasted and cut into quarters
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium-high.
- Toss peppers and chicken with oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt; place on hot grill grate. Cover; cook peppers 10 minutes or until charred, turning once. Cook chicken 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through (165 degrees F), turning once. Let cool.
- Finely chop celery and cut grapes in half. Place in large bowl.
- In food processor, puree peppers, broth, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add walnuts; pulse until finely chopped.
- Chop chicken; toss with celery, grapes, and dressing. Serve with greens and pita.
Share this article