Grilled Steak Salad
- 4 medium (2 to 3 pounds) sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 pint(s) (24 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon(s) lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 pound(s) beef flank steak
- 2 bag(s) (10 ounces each) romaine lettuce, chopped
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, fold 30- by 12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil crosswise in half. Place tomatoes on double thickness of foil; bring long sides of foil up and fold several times to seal well. Fold over ends of foil to seal in juices.
- In small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steak; place on hot grill grate with tomato packet and sweet potatoes. Grill steak and tomatoes 10 minutes for medium-rare steak (140 degrees F), turning steak over once; grill sweet potatoes 5 minutes, turning over once.
- Toss one-third of dressing with lettuce. Divide lettuce among plates. Top with steak, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and remaining dressing.
Share this article