- 6 ounce(s) (up to 8) sourdough or other favorite bread (should make 3 1/4 cups cubes)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. (You will need 3 1/4 cup bread cubes.) In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil on medium until hot. Add bread cubes and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 5 to 10 minutes (depending on freshness of bread) or until toasted and crisp, stirring frequently.
- Cool completely on paper towels on wire rack. (Store in airtight container up to 1 day.)
Share this article