Shahi Gilawat Ke Kebab
500 g boneless spring lamb
3 tablespoons grated raw papayas
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
7 -8 saffron strands
1 drop of vetivier spice essence (kewda)
oil, to fry
1. Combine everything except oil in a large bowl.
2. Mince in a meat mincer four times over until the meat is very fine.
3. Shape into kebabs about 2 inches in diameter.
4. Shallow fry the kebabs on an iron griddle (tawa) on very low flame until kebabs are brown on both sides and cooked inside.
5. Serve hot with mint and corriander chutney.
Share this article