Mutton Kaleji Bhuni (Roasted Mutton Liver)
500 g liver, washed, wiped dry
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter oil
1 cup grated onion
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
lemon wedge, for garnish
1. Chop the liver into small pieces and mix in the ginger, garlic, chili powder, yogurt, garam masala and salt.
2. Keep aside for at least 1/2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil, add the onions and sauté till golden brown.
4. Add the liver mixture and sauté till the fat separates.
5. Add ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
6. If not using pressure cooker, cover and cook till liver is tender.
7. Finally, uncover and stir-fry to dry the water completely till oil starts oozing out on the edges.
8. Serve garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Share this article