Room-by-Room House-Cleaning Guide - Family Room
01. Go through magazine and catalog piles and discard outdated issues, three or five at a time. Toss junk mail daily.
02. Vacuum just the high-traffic sections of the floor or carpet and do the other areas later.
03. Before you go to bed, do a fast pickup: Put remote controls in a basket, tidy newspapers and loose papers or put them in the trash, clean off the coffee table, plump pillows and fold throws.
04. When you're done vacuuming the floor and baseboards, use the upholstery attachment to dust one bookshelf.
05. If your children's plastic toys look dirty, grab the worst two or three and clean them with a wet wipe or a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol.
06. Quick-clean artificial flowers with the upholstery attachment of the vacuum cleaner.
07. To freshen throw pillows, put them in the dryer, one or two at a time, on the air cycle.
08. Vacuum lamp shades (turn off lamp before you dust) and the back of the TV.
Share this article