Protein Food Sources for Fat Loss
Some foods are better protein sources than others.
However, some higher-protein food sources may have higher carbohydrate and fat content.
Learn to make good choices by using the list below.
Good Sources of Protein
- Beef (lean cuts)
- All other species of fish
- Chicken (skinless)
- Whey protein powder
- Cottage cheese (low fat)
Vegetable: (less concentrated)
- Beans (lentils, adzuki beans & others)
- Nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios)
- Peas (split peas, chickpeas)
- Grains & seeds (be aware of fat content)
Protein sources to Avoid or Limit
- Luncheon meats
- Whole milk
- Ground beef
The Simple Rule
If in doubt choose protein from foods that are unprocessed or minimally processed.
Share this article