Persian Walnut Cookies
4 yolks extra large eggs
8 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1 grated lemon, rind of (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius or Centigrade).
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until very thick and almost white.
3. Mix chopped walnuts and lemon rind into yolk mixture.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between them.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are dry and firm.Remove from sheet when cool.
Share this article