Persian Chickpea Flour Cookies (Nan-E Nokhochi )
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 cups chickpea flour
1. Beat butter & powdered sugar together until creamy.
2. Add egg yolk & cardamom.
3. With your hands knead in the chickpea flour until smooth.
4. Pinch off tiny pieces of dough about the size of hazelnuts and roll them into balls between the palms of your hands.
5. Decorate the tops of the cookies by pricking them with the tines of a fork or by pressing the back of the tines horizontally onto the cookies.
6. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a slow oven (300F) for about 30 minutes. This dough is very "short" and needs to be well kneeded. For an even "shorter" dough, omit the egg yolk.
Share this article