Pecan and Cinnamon Ring Recipe
1 cup castor sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
1 x 250ml tub sour cream
1 ½ cups flour
½ cups self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup pecan nuts finely chopped
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2tsp cinnamon powder
Preheat oven to 180 c
Grease and line a 23cm ring pan.
· Cream butter, castor sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy
· Beat in eggs one at a time until well combined
· Sift flour, self raising flour and bicarbonate of soda and leave aside
· Add sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture and stir well
· Lastly add the flour to the butter mixture and beat well.
· Spread ½ the batter into the prepared ring pan
· Combine the brown sugar, sugar, pecan nuts and cinnamon powder.
· Sprinkle ½ the brown sugar mixture evenly over cake
· Spread remaining cake batter over the brown sugar mixture
· Sprinkle remaining brown sugar and pecan mixture over the cake and press gently.
· Bake for 30 -40 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Share this article