Grilled Turkey Burgers
- 1 medium (6 ounces) zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey breast
- 4 ear(s) corn, silk and husks removed
- .25 cup(s) ketchup
- .5 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 small ripe tomato, sliced
- Pickle spears (optional)
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In medium bowl, combine zucchini, onion, and Cajun seasoning until blended. With hands, add ground turkey and mix until just blended. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers, handling meat as little as possible for best texture.
- Place burgers on hot grill grate and cook 12 to 14 minutes or just until no longer pink throughout, turning once.
- After burgers have cooked 2 minutes, add corn to same grill grate. Cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until corn is browned in spots, turning occasionally.
- Prepare sauce: In small bowl, combine ketchup and hot sauce; set aside.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato, and sauce. Serve with corn, and pickle spears if you like.
Share this article