Low Carb Zucchini Fries
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut zucchini into 3-inch lengths, then cut each piece into 9 fries. Place zucchini fries into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the zucchini pieces drain for at least 1 hour to remove excess liquid.
3. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Mix almonds, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a second shallow bowl. Rinse salt off zucchini and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Dip each zucchini piece into beaten egg and roll in the almond coating. Place coated fries on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the zucchini are tender and the coating is crisp and browned, about 25 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking time.
Share this article