Lemon Parsley Potatoes Recipe
2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs new potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Using a vegetable peeler, cut a strip of peel from around middle of each potato Place potatoes in a large pot.
2. Add cold water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
4. Drain in a colander, then return the potatoes to the pot.
5. Add butter, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, pepper and remaining salt to the potatoes.
6. Toss gently until they are coated with the parsley mixture.
7. Serve immediately.
Share this article