In surah Al Qadr Allah (SWT) clearly states:
“Surely We revealed it (the Holy Qur’an) on the Grand Night. And what will make you comprehend what the Grand Night is? The Grand Night is better than a thousand months. The angels descend in it by the permission of their Lord for every affair, Peace! It is till the break of the morning.” (97:1-5)
Allah (SWT) is inviting all the believers for a Divine feast; the invitation which has been brought by the messengers. Allah (SWT) is the host, his most favorite angels are the servants and the believers are the guests. The table is spread with Divine blessings containing all sorts of rewards and favors. Though the eyes cannot see them nor the ears hear them not the human hearts imagine them, yet the bounties are all kept in readiness to be awarded to the guests in accordance to her actions.
Lailatul-Qadr is a blessed night because the Almighty brings down during it goodness, bliss, and forgiveness for His servants. It is a feast which has come with a message that shows one the way to achieve happiness in both the worlds. Laylatul Qadr is a feast for the spirit, a feast of worship and prayers.
Ahadith indicate that the fate of every believer for the coming year is decreed on this night. When our Prophet (SAW) was asked how man could enjoy the favors and good grace of proximity to, and mercy of Allah (SWT) he quoted Nabi Musa’s (A) supplication:
“Oh My God, I seek proximity to You; He (Allah) said: Proximity to Me is for him who stays awake on Laylatul Qadr
“Oh My God, I am in need of Your Mercy; He said: My Mercy is for him who shows mercy to the poor on Laylatul Qadr
“Oh My God, I am in need of the passport to cross the bridge; He said: that is for him who give alms on Laylatul Qadr
“Oh My God, I am in need of the trees in Paradise and their fruits; He said: that is for him who seeks forgiveness on Laylatul Qadr
“Oh My God, I seek deliverance from fire; He said: that is for him who remembers Allah on Laylatul Qadr
“Oh My God, I seek Your good pleasure; He said: that is for him who says a two rakat prayer on Laylatul Qadr
On another occasion Nabi Musa (A) said:
“Oh My God, are You far away that I shout to You, or are You near that I whisper to You?”
“O Musa, I am sitting together with you!”
What do we therefore have to remind ourselves about Laylatul Qadr?
That it is:
- A unique once in a year opportunity to do a life times worth of activity.
- Full of long lasting blessings
- The night of unsurpassed grandeur when the absolute Grand God revealed the Grand Qur’an through the Grand Wahy - Jibraeel into the heart of the Grand Holy Prophet (SAW)
- A once in a year occasion for influencing our future destiny - “QADR” - taqdeer.
- The Masumeen (A) have explained to us that god in his infinite wisdom had planned the system of the universe in such a way that every persons destiny will be determined on a yearly basis in the angelic spheres through the agency of the imam of the age. Who is the leader and focus of the whole spiritual world) this gives MANKIND a unique opportunity to influence his own future (loss, gains, health/sickness, richness/poverty/ etc by performing certain acts, e.g. dua salat, sadaqah, jihad, acquiring knowledge, quran recitation etc.
- The night when the whole multitude of angels and the great spirit (ruh) descend on earth, greeting and praying for the believers and conveying messages to the Imam of age.
Share this article